|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update unknown) edit|
|Ore||Adamantite ore (1,302 coins)|
|This rock contains adamantite.|
Adamantite ore rocks is a protruding rock containing adamantite. A player with a Mining level of 70 or higher can mine adamantite ore from rocks found in various mines, granting 95 Mining experience for each ore mined. After being mined, an adamantite rock takes between 4 to 8 minutes to respawn, depending on the amount of players on the server.
- Bandit camp mining site - 8 rocks (level 35 wilderness)
- Mining Guild resource dungeon - 4 rocks (currently inaccessible)
- South Crandor mining site - 3 rocks (Moss Giants)
- Al Kharid mining site - 2 rocks
- Edgeville dungeon mine - 2 rocks
- South-west Lumbridge swamp mining site - 2 rocks
- Abandoned Mine - 18 rocks
- Jatizso mine - 11 rocks (14 with Fremennik sea boots 4)
- Keldagrim north mine - 10 rocks
- Prifddinas - 8 rocks (currently inaccessible)
- Lletya mining site - 7 rocks
- Desert Mining Camp underground mine - 6 rocks
- Grand Tree mine - 3 rocks
- Karamja mining site - 2 rocks
- TzHaar mine - 2 rocks
- Dwarven Mine resource dungeon - 2 rocks (requires Daemonheim aura 3 or Daemonheim aura 4 worn) (currently inaccessible)
The lowest level of the Abandoned Mine has 13 adamantite ore veins, but requires retracing the steps of the Haunted Mine quest to get the glowing fungus (Note that the fungus cannot be re-stored in the cart). The fungus can be safely dropped while mining to free an inventory slot. The Jatizso mine is also a good place to mine as there are 11 rocks; however, there are ice trolls to worry about, they are relatively high levels and the males can hit 177, and the females can throw rocks over the rocks you are mining.
The Lletya mining site is a decent adamantite mining spot once you have completed Roving Elves and started Mourning's Ends Part I since you will be able to bank at Lletya which is a small run away. Also, transportation there is easy, since there is a lodestone only a couple clicks away. The mine is small, only containing the 7 adamantite rocks and is completely unguarded except for a small trap at the entrance.
The Keldagrim north mine is a good members place for adamantite ore. It has 10 adamantite rocks and is relatively close to a bank just to the south-west. Completion of the Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf quest is required to access this mine.
Adamantite ore, like all other mined rocks, respawns at a rate proportional to the number of people in the rock's RuneScape world. If the world is empty, the ore respawns in 8 minutes; if it is full (with 2000 players), it respawns in 4 minutes. Thus the respawn rate of adamantite ore is minutes, where x is the number of players in the world.
A table of respawn rates is given below.