|Release date||12 April 2010 (Update unknown) edit|
|High alch||2,670 coins|
|Low alch||1,780 coins|
|Smuggler price||1,335 coins|
|Store price|| 26,700 coins|
|Exchange price||Not sold|
|Examine||It's a rock now, but there's potential for so much more! (Tier 7)|
Argonite ore is an ore that can only be obtained while Dungeoneering. It can either be bought from the Smuggler, received as a monster drop or mined from an argonite rock, requiring level 60 Mining. In terms of level requirements, argonite equipment is the equivalent to dragon equipment.
Mining argonite grants 100.5 Mining experience for each ore. A player may receive between 1 and 5 ores from each argonite rock, or a maximum of 10 with a gatherer ring, after which it is depleted and no further ore can be mined.
A player can smelt argonite ore into an argonite bar through the Smithing skill by using it on a furnace; this requires level 60 Smithing and grants 44.8 Smithing experience. Argonite bars can then be used on anvils with a hammer to create argonite equipment.
- The name Argonite is probably derived from the name of the real-life element Argon. In reality, Argon is a noble gas, and cannot be smithed or wielded.
- Real-live Argonite is a mixture of equal volumes of Argon and Nitrogen, this is a gas at normal temperatures.
- Argon, the gas from which Argonite's name is derived, will produce a blue glow when exposed to an electric current, which is most likely where RuneScape's Argonite's colour is derived from.
- Argonite may be a subtle reference to Kryptonite, since argon and krypton are both noble gases.
- The colour of Argonite is comparable to that of Mithril, with similar smithing requirements, but wielding requirements of Dragon metal.
- Argonite can also be derived from name of band of heroes in Greek mythology, Argonauts, who in years before the Trojan War, accompanied Jason to Colchis (modern day Georgia), in his quest to find the Golden Fleece.