|Release date||20 August 2003 (Update)|
|Examine||Strangely, there's a locked barrel here, I wonder what's inside.|
To reach the area containing the barrels, one must have started the Legends' Quest and passed through the third Ancient Gate in the dungeon (for explicit directions, please refer to the Legends' Quest page).
Smashing the barrelsEdit
The success of opening the barrel is dependent upon Attack levels. By selecting the 'smash' option on a barrel, one (or more, in some cases) of the following can occur:
- A death wing could appear
- Random item(s) could appear on the ground
- The player could be unable to smash the barrel
- The barrel could explode, resulting in a random amount of damage between 60 and 120
- The player's attack level could be temporarily reduced by 1-3 levels
After a barrel is opened, it will respawn in a random location in the room.
Herbs and potionsEdit
|File:Grimy snake weed.png||Grimy snake weed||1||Uncommon|
|File:Strength potion (1).png||Strength potion (1)||1||Uncommon|
|File:Defence potion (1).png||Defence potion (1)||1||Uncommon|
|Prayer potion (1)||1||Rare|
|File:Spinach roll.png||Spinach roll||1||Uncommon|
|File:Slice of cake.png||Slice of cake||1||Uncommon|
|File:Half a redberry pie.png||Half a redberry pie||1||Uncommon|
|File:Half a meat pie.png||Half a meat pie||1||Uncommon|
|File:Half an apple pie.png||Half an apple pie||1||Uncommon|
|Raw lobster||1–2 (noted)||Rare|
|Raw bass||1–2 (noted)||Rare|
|Raw swordfish||1–2 (noted)||Rare|
|Raw shark||1–3 (noted)||Rare|
Ore, bars, and logsEdit
|Iron ore||1 (noted)||Rare|
|Silver ore||1–2 (noted)||Rare|
|Gold ore||1 (noted)||Rare|
|Mithril ore||1 (noted)||Rare|
|Iron bar||1–2 (noted)||Very rare|
|File:Silver bar.png||Silver bar||1 (noted)||Rare|
|Steel bar||1 (noted)||Rare|
|File:Gold bar.png||Gold bar||1 (noted)||Rare|
|File:Gold bar.png||Gold bar||1||Uncommon|
|Mithril bar||1 (noted)||Very rare|
|Willow logs||1–2 (noted)||Rare|
|Maple logs||1 (noted)||Rare|
|Yew logs||1–3 (noted)||Rare|
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 4-10 different notes are dropped at once.
|File:Unlit torch.png||Unlit torch||1||Uncommon|
|File:Ship ticket.png||Ship ticket||1||Uncommon|
- If there is an item on the ground and a barrel spawns on the same tile, the item will appear on top of the barrel.
- It is possible for a barrel to spawn on a tile occupied by a player, but it is not possible to walk onto a barrel otherwise.
- Anomaly. If a barrel is smashed and only a rope appears, the chatbox will read "You smash the barrel open. There's nothing in the barrel."
- Anomaly. Sometimes nothing will appear after a barrel is smashed, but the chatbox will only read "You smash the barrel open."
- Each noted item from the barrel was dropped as a certificate in RuneScape Classic.
- The barrels were called Strange Barrels in RuneScape Classic.
- In Runescape Classic, a much wider range of monsters could appear after smashing the barrels.