|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update unknown) edit|
|High alch||2 coins|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||181 coins (info)|
|Examine||A number of wooden logs. Used in Firemaking (1), Fletching (1), Construction (1).|
Logs are items obtained from trees, dead trees, evergreens, jungle trees or dying trees with the Woodcutting skill. Players can burn these logs with the Firemaking skill, or turn them into bows or arrow shafts using the Fletching skill. These logs have no requirement to be cut or burned. They can be bought at Polypore Dungeon Supplies in the Polypore Dungeon or from the Grand Exchange.
Logs can sometimes be found inside barrels.
The Fletching skill can also be used turn these logs into bows and arrow shafts. It is currently the only log that can be used with the coloured firelighters given as Treasure Trail rewards, producing a coloured fire in five additional colours: red, blue, green, white or purple.
Cutting logs is also a good way to earn money for low levelled players when sold at the Grand Exchange.
If a member has equipped a Seers' headband 1 or higher, the player will receive two logs from each tree, instead of one.
|H.A.M. Guard||32; 44||1–3||Common|
Experience from LogsEdit
- Each log gives 25 Woodcutting experience when cut.
- Lighting a log gives 40 Firemaking experience.
- Lighting a log in a bonfire gives 50 Firemaking experience.
- Lighting a log in a fireplace gives 80 Firemaking experience.
- Fletching 15 arrow shafts from a log gives 5 Fletching experience.
- Making an unstrung shortbow gives 5 Fletching experience.
- Making a longbow gives 10 Fletching experience.
- Making a full crossbow stock gives 6 Fletching experience.
- If each log were to be burned separately without being added to a bonfire, ashes may be picked up for a profit of 53 coins, with ashes selling for 234 each.
- Logs obtained from Tutorial Island look exactly the same as normal logs however they are untradeable and cannot be fletched. When logs from Tutorial Island are lit, the fire that is spawned on the ground has no option for logs to be added to it.