|Release date||Unknown edit|
|Value||Cash out: |
|High alch||Unknown edit|
|Low alch||Unknown edit|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||Unknown edit|
|Examine||Logs cut from a magic tree.|
Magic logs are logs that can be acquired using the Woodcutting skill from magic trees, or by bringing cursed magic logs into Gielinor. Cutting magic trees requires a Woodcutting level of 75 or higher and yields 250 Woodcutting experience per log cut.
Players can burn these logs with the Firemaking skill at level 75 Firemaking, giving 303.8 Firemaking experience, or 309.5 if adding magic logs to a bonfire. A total of 338.1 experience can be gained per log while adding to a full bonfire with flame gloves and ring of fire. When lit, they burn for approximately 5 minutes and 30 seconds.
Players can also use the Fletching skill to cut these logs into magic shortbows at a Fletching level of 80, or magic shieldbows at a Fletching level of 85, providing 83.3 and 91.5 Fletching experience respectively. They are also used to smith a rune spear or rune hasta through Barbarian Training.
The third option is to sell them at the Grand Exchange.
A final use for magic logs is to use them in pyre ships, or add sacred oil to create magic pyre logs, which can be used in the Shades of Mort'ton or with vyre corpses in the Columbarium. These activities yield Prayer as well as Firemaking experience.
Three quests and one followup to a quest require magic logs:
- Desert Treasure quest requires 12
- Mourning's Ends Part I requires one to fix the device
- Plague's End quest requires 10
- The Balloon transport system requires 3 magic logs to travel from Entrana to Tree Gnome Stronghold initially and 1 afterwards.
When the logs are in a player's inventory, the sparkles around them will change every now and then. The sparkles also animate when the logs are on the ground. The sparkle positions change upon being banked.
Dropping monsters Edit
|Barrows: Rise of the Six||650x6||190–210 (noted)||Common|
|Corporeal Beast||785||75 (noted)||Common|
|Ice strykewyrm||106||5 (noted)||Common|
|Mutated jadinko baby||93||3–10 (noted)||Common|
|Mutated jadinko guard||96||2–10 (noted)||Common|
|Mutated jadinko male||100||2–7 (noted)||Common|
|Abyssal demon||98||6 (noted)||Uncommon|
|General Graardor||624||15–20 (noted)||Uncommon|
|King Black Dragon||276||10 (noted)||Uncommon|
|Queen Black Dragon||900||120 (noted)||Uncommon|
- When viewing the icon for magic logs on the Grand Exchange collection menu in a bank, the logs sparkle actively and rapidly, unlike when placed in an inventory or looking in the Grand Exchange.
- The log's icon appears to have a blue and white core, however, a Magic Tree stump has a normal-coloured core.