|Release date||11 June 2001 (Update unknown) edit|
|High alch||170 coins|
|Low alch||113 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||168 coins (info)|
|Examine||I should try cooking this.|
A raw lobster is a type of fish that can be caught with level 40 Fishing, giving 135 experience or 180 experience for F2P players and P2P players respectively. Raw lobsters can be cooked with a Cooking level of 40 or higher. Cooking raw lobsters on a range gives 180 and 240 experience (F2P and P2P), and cooking them on a bonfire gives 198 and 264 experience. Players may accidentally burn lobsters while cooking until they reach a Cooking level of 74 (or 68 while wearing cooking gauntlets), though the chance to burn a lobster turns rare at level 60 Cooking. Burning a lobster grants no experience. Players may also use them with a pet kitten for food like other types of fish.
|Fishing Method||Lobster pot|
|Experience (F2P | P2P)||135 - 180|
|Level at which it stops burning||74 (or 68 while wearing cooking gauntlets)|
|Experience (F2P | P2P)||180 - 240 (198 - 264 on a bonfire)|
|Instructions||Use raw lobster with fire or range.|
Levels 1 to 99Edit
|Brine rat||70||10 (noted)||Uncommon|
|Sea snake young||90||1||Uncommon|
|Sea snake hatchling||90||1||Rare|
|Giant Sea Snake||90||1||Rare|
Levels 100 and aboveEdit
|Dagannoth (Waterbirth Island)||112||1||Common|
|'Rum'-pumped crab||120||1–3 (noted)||Common|
|Giant Rock Crab||136||1||Common|
|Dagannoth (Chaos Tunnels)||112; 114||1||Uncommon|
|Dagannoth (Lighthouse)||110; 112||1||Uncommon|
|Waterfiend||146; 154||4 (noted)||Uncommon|
Acquiring Raw lobstersEdit
Though it is an inefficient way to acquire a large number of raw lobsters, some monsters also drop them.
Noted raw lobsters can sometimes be found inside barrels.
Lobsters can be fished in the following locations:
- North of Mobilising Armies.
- The Fishing Guild.
- Musa Point North Dock.
- Karamja Docks (North of Customs Officer)
- With the introduction of Stiles on 21 April 2010, free players can fish and bank lobsters between 3 and 4 times faster than before. This has led to a substantial increase in the supply of raw lobsters and therefore a dramatic decrease in their price.
- Lobsters are the only free-to-play fishing catch other than crayfish and pike that are never caught with any other fish. (e.g. anchovies are caught with shrimps.)
- In the earliest years of RuneScape, raw lobsters had a bright red colour that dulled to brown when cooked, contrary to real-life behavior, where raw lobsters are naturally brown and turn bright red when cooked.
- When a lobster is cooked, instead of saying "You cook the lobster." the game will say "You roast a lobster." This is the only food in the game that can be "roasted". Despite this, the raw lobster has the examine text "I should try cooking this."