|Start point||Talk to Reldo, the Varrock palace librarian.|
|Length||Medium (15 - 20 mins)|
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat|
Note: It is important before starting this quest to decide which gang to join. The reasons being that a member of the opposite gang is needed to complete this quest, the gang chosen during this quest will be used in Heroes' Quest as well, and skiller pures can have someone who is also from the Black Arm Gang kill the weapon master for them.
- Talk to Reldo who is located in the Varrock Palace library and ask him for a quest.
- Search the bookcase with the navy blue book, then read it or skim through it.
The Phoenix GangEdit
Players should only do this part if they want to join the Phoenix Gang.
- Talk to Reldo and ask about the Phoenix Gang.
- Talk to Baraek and give him 20 coins. Ask him every question available.
- Travel to the Phoenix Gang Hideout which is located South of Aubury's Rune Shop. It will be marked by a red exclamation mark on the map.
- Climb down the ladder.
- Talk to Straven and ask to join. Tell him you know who he is.
- Go to the Blue Moon Inn which is just North of Varrock's Southern entrance.
- Kill Jonny the Beard.
- Grab the report he drops.
- Talk to Straven.
- Note: Keep the Weapon store key for your partner.
- Look in the weapons chest in the Southwest corner of the hideout to get one half of the Shield of Arrav.
The Black Arm GangEdit
Players should only do this part if they want to join the Black Arm Gang.
- Talk to Charlie the Tramp located just North of Varrock's Southern entrance. Ask him what's down the alley.
- Follow the alley and enter the building.
- Talk to Katrine. Tell her you know about the gang (you can choose any option for the source). Ask her what to do to prove trustworthiness.
- Obtain a Weapon store key from your partner.
- Go the Phoenix Gang Hideout which is located South of Aubury's Rune Shop.
- Look for a locked door and use the key on that door.
- Kill the Weaponsmaster or have someone else kill him.
- While he is dead, pick up two Phoenix crossbows.
- Talk to Katrine.
- Go upstairs and search a cupboard for a half of the Shield of Arrav.
- Talk to King Roald who is located in Varrock Palace.
- Go to the Varrock Museum and use the half of the shield on Curator Haig Halen.
- Your partner must do the same.
- Trade one of the certificate halves with your partner who will do the same. (You can only claim the reward for one certificate, and combining them makes them untradeable)
- Combine both halves to obtain a full certificate.
- Talk to King Roald.
- Quest complete!