|File:Tribal mask (green).png File:Tribal mask (blue).png File:Tribal mask (orange).png|
|Release date||9 August 2005 (Update unknown) edit|
|High alch||300 coins|
|Low alch||200 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price|| Blue:|
|Examine||A ceremonial wooden mask.|
Tribal masks come in three different colours and can be obtained by either defeating a broodoo victim during the Tai Bwo Wannai Cleanup minigame or through purchasing it from either the Grand Exchange or another player.
A player with level 35 Crafting can convert the mask into a Broodoo shield with two snakeskins and eight nails (of any type) in your inventory. This gives 100 Crafting experience. However, demand for the shields on the Grand Exchange is very low, so if a player is looking to profit from the tribal masks, it is recommended they sell them as they are, to avoid being left with a shield that isn't selling.
|[view] • [talk]|
- The mask appears a lot smaller on the chathead than on the character him/herself. The chathead version overlaps the face, but on the actual character model, the mask falls just past the character's chest.
- The Lumbridge sage appears to have a blue tribal mask on his rug of items next to him.
- If you talk to any of the villagers in Tai Bwo Wannai while wearing the mask, they'll be scared thinking you're a broodoo victim coming to kill them.
- Until about December 2010, the masks were around 60-70k on the Grand Exchange. As 2011 started, they dropped about 3000% in a few months.
- Since the update of eating, using a tribal mask still has the old eating animation than before the update.