|Release date||Unknown edit|
|Start point||Talk to Hetty in her house in Rimmington, South of Falador and West of Port Sarim.|
|Official difficulty||Unknown edit|
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added. Burnt meat, an eye of newt, an onion and a rat's tail.|
|Enemies to defeat||Rat (Level 1)|
Talk to Hetty in Rimmington, and you will ask for work. She will ask you if you wish to become more proficient in the "dark arts". Accept her offer, and she will tell you that she is going to make a potion to "help bring out your darker self". To do this, she will need four ingredients: a rat's tail, some burnt meat, an eye of newt, and an onion.
Gathering the IngredientsEdit
The ingredients she requests can all be found in the nearby area.
- Rat's tail: To gain a rats tail, simply find and kill a rat. The closest rats can be found within Rimmington, in the houses just West of Hetty. This cannot be gathered before starting the miniquest.
- Burnt meat: To gain burnt meat, you must first gather some Raw beef, Raw rat meat, Raw bear meat or Raw yak meat, and then cook it to turn it into Cooked meat. Raw rat meat can be gained by killing the Giant rats South of Port Sarim Jail and Raw beef can be obtained by killing the cows in the field West of the Crafting Guild or in the field of the Falador farm. Alternatively, you can simply buy some cooked meat on the Grand Exchange. Once you have gotten your raw meat, cook it on a fire or a range (a range can be found North of Hetty's house), and then use it on the range/fire again, which will burn it if it is not already burnt.
- Eye of newt: The closest source of an eyes of newt is Betty's shop, which can be found in Port Sarim, marked by a magic skill icon on the minimap. Once inside the shop, they can be purchased for 3 coins each. Alternatively, they can be bought on the Grand Exchange or in a Herblore shop.
- Onion: The closest source of onions can be found in a field just North of Rimmington, and can also be found in the field behind Fred's farmhouse to the North-West of Lumbridge. Alternatively, it can be bought from the Grand Exchange.
Once you have gathered all of the ingredients, return to Hetty in Rimmington, and she will put them in her cauldron and tell you to drink from it. You will do so, and you will become more skilled in magic.
Congratulations, miniquest complete!
|This article on a miniquest has an associated dialogue page.|
Click here for a transcript of possible conversations encountered throughout the miniquest.
- Unlike the Sheep Shearer miniquest, the player cannot mention Witch's Potion to Juna.